Are you looking for good SPF, DKIM, and Sender-ID authentication?
With Mad Mimi, in most cases you will get an SPF Pass without needing to change anything on your end. If you do not have an SPF record set up, your mail will still deliver well through Mimi. Additionally, Mad Mimi signs each email using her own DKIM signature.
Custom domain authentication
While our SPF and DKIM should cover you for most cases, some types of authentication can be improved by configuring your own DNS records for the domain you are using in the From: field.
- If your domain currently has an SPF record set-up, you can add include:spf.em.secureserver.net to it.
- Or, if you don’t have one set up yet, create a TXT record for yourdomain.com with the value v=spf1 include:spf.em.secureserver.net ~all
It’s best to include our SPF info and not our individual IP ranges as those could change in the future and may break your email authentication.
Next, for custom DKIM, create two CNAME records in your domain’s DNS:
- Create a CNAME record for sable.cloud._domainkey with the value dkim.cloud.em.secureserver.net
- Create a CNAME record for sable.cloud2._domainkey with the value dkim.cloud2.em.secureserver.net
Those custom DKIM records can also come in handy if your sender domain has a strict DMARC policy, and in some cases may be enough to pass DMARC. However, to ensure full domain alignment when sending mail through Mad Mimi, we also suggest adding a couple more CNAME records to your domain’s DNS for custom Return-Path:
- Create a CNAME record for bounces.cloud.em with the value cbounces.cloud.em.secureserver.net
- Create a CNAME record for bounces.cloud2.em with the value cbounces.cloud2.em.secureserver.net
If you need any guidance with making these changes, it’s best to reach your IT folks or domain provider for further assistance. You’ll find instructions for configuring DNS changes at some popular providers below: