Mad Mimi’s Salesforce email marketing integration allows you to sync your Salesforce contacts and leads with your Mad Mimi audience lists, making it easy to keep in touch with customers and prospects alike.
*Note: Currently this integration is only available for Enterprise and Unlimited users.
Previously, our Salesforce integration would grab all of your Salesforce contacts, and add them to one list in your Mad Mimi audience. With the new integration, you can build as many custom lists as you like in Salesforce, and those custom lists will show up in your Mad Mimi audience right away.
First things first, you’ll want to enable the SalesForce add-on in Mimi. Click “Add Things” at the top of your Mad Mimi account, and turn the Salesforce switch to the “On” position. When you click “go set it up,” you can then authorize Mad Mimi to access your Salesforce account.
Before you start importing contacts, let’s get your Salesforce dashboard set up so that the right contacts get sent to the right lists.
Installing the Package
Once you’ve enabled the Salesforce Add-On in Mimi, you can install the package in one of two ways. You can head over to the following link to install the package in your Salesforce account:
Or, you can install it directly from the Salesforce App Exchange here: https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000009xIUiEAM
Now, let’s customize your integration. There are several steps to get your Salesforce App set up with all the proper buttons and actions, but once they’re all added correctly, you’ll be able to seamlessly move contacts to your Mad Mimi audience lists.
Customizing the Mad Mimi Integration in Salesforce
Customizing your Tabs
- Under your name, choose “My Settings”
- There, choose the option for “Customize My Tabs.”
- Choose Mad Mimi from the dropdown menu.
- Select Audience Lists, Contacts, and Leads, and “Add” them to the Selected Tabs window. (This way, when you’re working with your Mad Mimi app in Salesforce, those important tabs will be easily accessible.)
- Make sure to click “Save” when you’re done!
Customizing your Page Layouts
- Go to “Set Up” on the top right of your page.
- In the left sidebar, under “Build,” open the “Customize” drop down. Select “Contacts,” and “Page Layouts.”
- In the “Buttons” tab, click the “Add to Audience List” button, and drag it down to the Custom Buttons space, like so:
- Open “Related Lists,”and drag “Audience Members” into the page:
- Open “Search Layouts” in the left sidebar and click “Edit” next to “Contacts List View.”
- Select “Add to Audience List,” and click the “Add” arrow so that it appears under “Selected Buttons” on the right, and save your changes:
Next, we’ll create the same setup for Leads.
1. Under “Build” in your left sidebar, choose “Leads,” and then open “Page Layouts.”
2. Click “Edit” next to “Page Layout.”
3. Again, under “Buttons,” drag “Add to Audience List” into the “Custom Buttons” area.
4. In “Related Lists,” drag “Audience Members” into the page.
5. Now, in the left sidebar, choose “Search Layouts”
6. Click “Edit” next to “Leads List View,” and make sure “Add to Audience List” is in your “Selected Buttons” box.
Finally, to make sure everything works correctly, we’ll need to update the security on the account.
Updating Your Security Controls
Under Remote Site Name, enter MadMimi (as one word, with no spaces)
Under Remote Site URL, add https://api.madmimi.com
Don’t forget to save your changes (you don’t need to enter a description)!
Finding Your Lists in Mad Mimi
Head back to your Mad Mimi account. In the “Add Things” menu next to Salesforce, click “Go Set it Up”. Now, click the “Import Contacts” button.
In your Audience Tab in Mad Mimi, under “Automatic Lists,” you’ll see your Salesforce Leads and Salesforce Contacts lists.
If you create any additional contact lists in Salesforce, you can simply click “Re-Sync with Mad Mimi” to make sure those contacts are added to your Mad Mimi audience too.
Now that you’re all set, you can add any Salesforce contacts to your Mad Mimi audience lists automatically, without having to export files and re-import them to your Mimi audience.