The following steps will help you get your Windows Mail/Live Mail address book into a CSV file – a file format that Mad Mimi can understand.
1) On the top menu bar of Windows Mail, click “File,” then mouse over “Export” and choose “Windows Contacts…”
2) When the “Export Windows Contacts” window pops up, choose “CSV (Comma Separated Values),” and click “Export.”
3) The “Save Exported File As…” dialogue box will open. Choose a folder to save the file to and a name for the file. Be sure to place it somewhere you’ll easily find it, such as your desktop or your “My Documents” folder.
In the following example, you can see that the file is being named “exported_contacts” and is being saved to the desktop:
4) Once you’ve chosen a name and location, you’ll be taken back to the “Save Exported File As” dialogue box. You’ll notice that the chosen name and location has been filled in. Click the “Next” button at the bottom of the window.
5) Next, you’ll be asked what information you’d like to export for each contact. Check the boxes for “First Name,” “Last Name,” and “E-mail Address,” and click “Finish.”
6) Your contacts are now exported! Huzzah!
Easy, right? You’re halfway to having your contacts in the system. From here, you might want to check out: