PC user? Read our how-to guide for PCs!
To Copy Colors From Your Website:
*If you have OS X 10.6.6 +, you might need an app, one great choice: http://theolabrothers.com/sip/ You’ll find a quick guide on the main page :)
To find and use DigitalColor Meter:
- Open your applications folder and scroll down till you find the utilities folder. The utilities folder is where you’ll find DigitalColor Meter.
- Next, set the drop down menu to “RGB as Hex Value, 8 bit”. Make the “Aperture Size” the smallest it can go. Then simply hover the mouse over the color.
- Type in Shift+Command+C to copy the color and then paste (Command+V) into a text file to see the color as a hex code. For extra commands, see this link.
- Once you’ve added all of the main colors on your website, you’re ready to create your new custom theme. :-) Click on the “Edit” link next to one of your promotions in the promotions tab, click on the themes tab, and then select create theme. Enter the name you’d like your theme to have and press ok:
- Click on the text type or color area you want to change. For this example, I clicked on “Heading”. Go back to your color picker program, and copy the 6-digit hex code of the color you want. Click on the 6 digit number shown in the image below, and paste the new number in. Then click ok.
- Ta Da! The headings are now pink. For the rest of the colors you recorded, rinse and repeat.
Don’t forget to hit “Okay I’m Done” when you’re finished!
Remember, you can select this new theme for future promotions, since it will be stored in your themes tab on the right.